There is lots to do at Ardagh Cottage Resort, but many of our guests also enjoy exploring the surrounding area. Here are some suggestions:
- Explore the Trent Severn Waterway - 386 km of spectacular scenery and history.
- Visit Gallery on the Lake, located nearby on Lower Buckhorn Lake. Enjoy the many works of art on display, visit the tea room overlooking the lake,
or register for one of the 2 - 5 day workshops offered by various artists, in various medias, throughout the season.
- Visit the World's Highest Lift Lock in Peterborough. Enjoy a popular sightseeing Lift Lock Cruise.
- Take a lunch and dinner cruises on Stony Lake Cruises.
- Visit Kawartha Country Wines, a small family-owned winery dedicated to making premium wines from avariety of local fruits and berries. Drop in for a sample! Kawartha Country Wines is located in a square-beamed log cabin constructed in 1866 by one of the original pioneer families.
- Experience local native history and culture by visiting: the Petroglyphs Provincial Park where you will see sacred rock carvings, Whetung Ojibwa Centre at Curve Lake Reservation, where you will find a large gift shop and art gallery, the ancient burial grounds at Serpent Mounds Provincial Park, and the Canadian Canoe Museum in Peterborough.
- Petroglyphs Park also offers hiking trails for all levels.
- Go golfing at the Katchiwano Golf & Country Club
- Spend a day with the children at Peterborough's Riverview Park and Zoo, which comprises of 60 acres of waterfront land and offers attractions for the whole family -- free admission!.
- Visit the Indian River Reptile Zoo Research and Education Centre -- Canada's only accredited reptile zoo, located just outside Peterborough.
- Explore the caves and kettles at Warsaw Caves Conservation Area.
- Visit the Peterborough Festival of Lights offering free concerts and fireworks every Wed. and Sat.night throughout the summer.